Friday

College Isn't For Everybody, But Junior College Is

My last post spoke about knowing your population. Though this does not respresent all community college students, it does touch on many relevant topics. I know a lot of folks who are in this same boat. Brian previously posted a clip of this emcee in a battle. Dude is off the hook.

Dumbfoundead- I Love Junior College



Dumbfoundead's version is a remix of Asher Roth's "I Love College."



I don't know about y'all, but dumbfoundead's version is a lil more relevant to me. I know we all party in college, but really, like that??! Is this a good way to portray higher education? My friends and myself included didn't have the luxury to party like Asher Roth. Do you think it has anything to do with the color of our skin, our social status? What privelage do Mr. Roth and his bros have that allow them to party like this??

2 comments:

B.J. said...

That guy looks like Kirk Hinrich...

But yeah, they're both written tongue-in-cheek and both OK, but even still Dumbfoundead's version drops A TON more insight. There is actually a real storyline in Dumbfoundead's version

B.J. said...

I also think that we were afforded some privileges too, but I think where Roth's version is that he didn't really get anything substantial out of his experience, whereas, the masipag, young student activists and leaders like to see and think that we did do more with our experiences